So you've created a truly awesome resource that you want to share with as many people as possible. You think, “It would be a good idea to get in touch with influencers on this topic. Maybe they’d be open to sharing it with their followers.”
But how should you get in touch?
Influencers likely get hundreds of Twitter notifications and LinkedIn requests a day. There’s too much noise. You think email's your best shot. But how do your find their email address?
We have some solutions for this scenario. The following three methods each take less than five minutes to find an email. We’ve also included a video walking you through our favorite technique.
Solution 1: Try Voila Norbert.
Voila Norbert might become your best friend when it comes to influencer outreach. The tool is simple. Put in someone's first and last name as well as the domain of the company they work for, then press “Work for me, Norbert.” And … voila.
If for some reason you can’t find which company the person works at, this tool won’t be as helpful. Sometimes the influencer is a consultant and doesn’t work at one company. In this case, you might get lucky putting “gmail.com” as the domain.
Solution 2: Export LinkedIn connections.
If you're connected to the influencer on LinkedIn, you're in luck. There’s a slightly hidden method for collecting the information of all your LinkedIn connections. Here’s how:
- Log in to LinkedIn and from your homepage.
- Click on “Connections” at the top.
- Click on the cog icon to the right of the screen.
- Click “Export LinkedIn Connections” on the right side.
- Choose to export as a .CSV file.
- Open the .CSV in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Find the name of the influencer and their corresponding email.
Below is a quick GIF showing how to do it.
**Note: If you misuse this tactic for list building, it will result in a spam penalty.
Solution 3: Strategic guessing.
While this method is more involved, it still takes less than five minutes to guess their email. Again, this method has a higher chance of success if the influencer works at a specific company and has a company email address. Here’s how it works:
- Search for other company email addresses (use Email Breaker to find out a company’s email structure).
- Plug the person’s information into that structure.
- Check the email with Sidekick.
Below is a video walking us through these steps more concisely.
Just like that, you can find an influencer’s email address. Now, it's up to you to write an email that demonstrates the value of your project and gets the influencer to respond. Good luck!